Sunday, August 28, 2011

On Your Mark, Get Set...



 Francisca and I are busy getting ready for the opening of school. We are so excited to welcome our class of Turtles! Each year, the teachers get together to think about how to welcome the children, to create the classroom environment and to start planning curriculum. We are filled with questions, "Who are these little people coming into our classroom?" "What will we do together?" "How can we welcome new families?" 



 As I prepare the classroom, carefully putting together learning centers around the classroom, I ask myself, "Is this a place that I would want to play?" and I keep working until it is just right, inviting investigation, provoking experimentation, creating relaxing place and stimulating places, and joyful places. And once it is just right, it is like the whole room is holding its breath, just waiting for the children to come, play, learn, laugh, discover, and build the new community that will be the Turtles 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment